Thursday, October 18, 2012

Catching Up

Phew! It has been a crazy month! October always seems to be jam-packed with traveling and celebrations and even a short vacation, and this month has followed suit. Here's a quick update on the goings-on in our neck of the woods.

Last weekend we attended our sixth Austin City Limits with good friends. Eric and I have made it an annual trip with Jennifer, one of our closest friends, and this trip proved to be adventurous. We had so much fun and caught some of our favorite bands at the Festival. We'd live in Austin if we could, and maybe one day we will, but right now our roots seem to be growing deeper in Oklahoma. It was lovely to see our best friends Ashley and Ryan Akers and Marcos and Camille Acosta. Had we had a little more time, we would have caught up with the rest of our crew, but we will next weekend when we head to Lubbock for sweet Becca's wedding (more on that later). The weather was good (minus the torrential downpour that struck Saturday afternoon), the food was delicious, and the company was spectacular!

This weekend I'm headed to Fort Worth to celebrate with our good friends Jordon and David. Their wedding is right around the corner, and so the celebrating has begun! Couples' shower this weekend, the bachelor/bachelorette parties are coming up, and then the wedding is in Austin on December 29. It's all so excited, and Eric and I are both thrilled for David and Jordon. Now, if my bridesmaid dress would only get here!

Last but not least, Jennifer and I will trek to Lubbock next weekend to celebrate with Ryan and Becca and the rest of the girls at the Templeton/McPhetridge wedding! I had some fabulous help in finding the perfect dress and gold shoes, and I've seen a sneak peek of Becca in her dress and it's gorgeous. It's going to be a fun weekend, and I'm so glad to have another chance to see all of my best college friends. I think this year might hold the record for the most times we've seen each other since college. I hope this pattern continues!

An update on the adoption front: We are patiently waiting for our approved/signed home study report to come in the mail. Our social worker, Heather Hope, has been so great to work with. With the report ready to go, we have begun compiling the rest of our paperwork. There's so much to do, but it all seems to be coming together. I had a very small pity party recently with how slow the process seems to be but was quickly reminded that someone greater than me is in control, and all things are going just as they should be. Before we know it, we'll be bringing home Baby T!

1 comment:

  1. Good to get an Adoption update. You will be holding your baby in God's perfect timing! I completely understand the pity party though- it is a long and tough process. I have been there many times myself and I am sure it's not over! Someday I hope this part is a distant memory! In the meantime, we can support one another. Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete