Friday, June 22, 2012

Home Sweet Home Study

Hello! We haven't had much to report lately, but I guess it's time to post that we've found our social worker, and our home study is planned for July 27! We have been planning and working frantically to get things in order for this much-awaited day. I have been scouring sites with tips and tricks for preparing for the home study, and we recently raided the Ikea Home Safety section for socket protectors and cabinet/drawer locks. After a fun evening with our Marriage Mentor group from church (five kids under the age of 10 included), I realized that our house is not yet baby proof!

Other than preparing for the home study, we are right in the middle of "the Great Paper Chase." We are working on compiling our dossier and scheduling doctors' appointments, getting fingerprinted, and praying for sanity. There is so much to accomplish, and our summer schedules are just not allowing the time we need to sit down and focus. I am looking forward to a quiet weekend at home while Eric is in Austin at an Art Educators conference, and my good friends Jennifer and Kalyn have graciously offered to come and help me purge closets and drawers and work on paperwork.

My parents, Gary and Rhenea, came down a few weekends ago for cousins James and Sarah's wedding. We had a lovely time with the Baker side of the family, and we were so happy to celebrate with James and Sarah!

I hope you're all having a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment